Share this testimonial
"THEIR EXPERIENCE WITH THE GOVERNMENT BODIES MEANT THE ENQUIRY WAS SWIFTLY RESOLVED WITH MINIMAL IMPACT ON OUR TIME AND RESOURCES, AND ONLY SMALL CHANGES WERE MADE TO THE APPLICATION."
Group Financial Director
Uniqueness of what we do
- As we are somewhat unique in much of the work we undertake, prior to talking with Leyton, we did not realize we were entitled to make a claim under the R&D Tax relief legislation.
- Ours is a family-owned business whose main purpose is to provide world-class perfumery products and excellent customer service. Therefore, our day-to-day activities can involve new product development, process improvements, software development, regulatory compliance as well as sales and marketing.
- Assessing this activity and identifying what qualified as R&D for tax purposes seemed a complex and daunting task.
- On engaging with Leyton, we were assigned two technical consultants whose chemical and software backgrounds and experience best complimented our business.
- They then methodically, and thoroughly, assessed all our projects to determine our eligible activity in a seamless way.
- Leyton's consultants visited our premises and conducted a comprehensive evaluation of our R&D related projects.
- Consequently, Leyton's Tax Manager documented and calculated our complete R&D expenditure.
- When we were queried on an previously submitted claim, Leyton dealt with them on our behalf while keeping us fully informed.
- Their experience with the government meant the enquiry was swiftly resolved with minimal impact on our time and resources, and only small changes were made to the application.
Increasing our NPD budget
- Now that we have Leyton as partners, we better understand the elements of our product and process development activity that qualifies for the R&D tax relief. This has had a positive impact on allocating budgetary resources.