Contract: Full time, permanent
Location: San Francisco
Do you want lead the San Francisco operations of a dynamic, friendly and fast-growing multinational management consultancy? If you are a hard-working, team-oriented and determined leader with a flair for business growth and a passion for high-performance then this is the role for you.
Leyton is a multi-disciplinary management consultancy firm with a unique goal; to quickly improve the financial performance of its clients without impacting on their core business. Leyton represents a wide international market network around the globe.
Currently in the US, our specific expertise is in the implementation and optimization of State and Federal Research and Development (R&D) Tax Credits. In time, the expectation is that Leyton USA will diversify its product offerings along similar lines to our other national businesses, identifying complementary products and services that will provide genuine solutions for our broad array of clients.
Our beautiful Waterfront Plaza location in San Francisco has the feel of a start-up but with the financial stability of a multinational company, fostering creativity and new ideas built upon solid foundations.
We offer genuine opportunities for career enrichment in a nimble, ambitious and rewarding culture, surrounded by a likeminded team. Our compensation package is highly competitive and you will be rewarded on the basis of your personal performance, as well as on the basis of the company's overall achievements. For the right candidate, the extensive growth plans for the US offer the opportunity to achieve milestone career successes and make a name for themselves in a much sought after industry sector.
FUNCTION OF THE ROLE:
Working in tandem with the Boston leadership team, the General Manager will help define and implement strategy, oversee day-to-day business operations and manage San Francisco employees who sit across a number of business functions, including consultancy, sales and operations. The General Manager will be a strategic business leader in the R&D tax credit sector as well as a mentor who develops employees across all disciplines, to benefit the business as well as to advance their individual careers.
Ultimately, the General Manager will be responsible for building a successful business operation and delivering on challenging targets in line with the company’s ambitious growth plans for the region.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE INCLUDE:
- Managing the full sales cycle including proposals
- Directly reporting into the SVP while working autonomously and collaborating with fellow team members
- Anchor the San Francisco office’s business operations and overall strategy
- Create and implement business ideas and strategies to enhance growth
- Identify new products and services to complement the Leyton business offering
- Manage and develop multidisciplinary teams
- Develop innovative methods to achieve corporate goals and objectives
- Help businesses fund innovation through the R&D tax credit and maximize their return
- Rapidly recruit and grow effective field sales, inside sales, consultancy and operations teams
- Take a key role in the marketing and brand development of the business in the Bay Area and beyond, including representing the business at events and networking opportunities to C-Level audiences
- Carry out management reporting to Senior Leadership in the US and overseas
- Take ownership of and responsibility for a successful regional operation
DESIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Enjoys the entrepreneurial environment and intricacies of a start-up
- Involvement in overseeing and growing a company
- Management experience and demonstrable business acumen
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA preferred
- Experience overseeing multiple territories and/or of R&D tax credits a plus
- In depth knowledge of the commercial landscape of the Bay Area
- Well-developed network of professionals and C-Level individuals across relevant industry verticals
- Industry experience in management consulting, financial services, or technology a plus
- Experience of quickly building and managing high performance teams across multiple disciplines including sales
- Somebody who understands when to act independently and when to seek guidance from their peers at a senior level.