Optimise your Patent & Intellectual Property Benefits
The Patent Box regime is an incentive aimed at attracting R&D investment leading to the creation and active management of patentable intellectual property (IP).
Patent Box is in addition to the Research and Development (R&D) tax credit scheme, and can be claimed simultaneously.
Patent Box effectively allows qualifying companies to apply a 10% rate of corporation tax to all profits relating to qualifying patents, instead of the normal 19% corporate tax rate.
Who can claim?
A company who has patented products/services or uses patented processes as part of their business.
- To qualify, companies must be liable to pay corporation tax within the UK and hold or actively manage qualifying patents or IP.
- A benefit will be available if a company receives patent royalties.
What we do
End-to end management of the administration process. Leyton can review your current IP holding structures and patenting strategies and offer bespoke advice in the following areas:
- Identifying qualifying patents
- Reviewing your R&D Tax Credits to identify possible opportunities
- Liaising with Leyton’s patent lawyers to enable patent applications or verify patent opportunities
- Reviewing or advising on implementing and IP ownership policies
- Mapping and quantifying relevant IP profit
- Analysing transfer pricing arrangements
Our added value
- Real gains immediately available.
- A strong team comprised of scientific and technical experts.
- Complete end to end service tailored to the individual client’s needs.
- An active and continuous monitoring of legal, financial and technical developments.
- Experience in a range of industry sectors.
- Reviewing or advising on implementing and IP ownership policies.
To find out how Leyton can support your business, contact us today.