COVID-19 Health & Safety Policy
1 - We are committed to ensuring the health and safety of staff at all times but especially during the COVID-19 pandemic. We are committed to providing a safe and suitable environment for all those attending our premises as we return to work.
2 - This policy has been drafted in light of the current COVID-19 pandemic to set out our arrangements in relation to:
- A assessment and control of health and safety risks arising from work activities;
- B work-related ill health;
- C consultation with employees onmatters affecting their health and safety;
- D provision and maintenance of a safe workplace and equipment;
- E information, instruction, training and supervision in safe working methods and procedures;
- F emergency procedures where it comes to light that a member of staff has tested positive for COVID-19
3 - This policy does not form part of any employee's contract of employment and we may amend it at any time. We will continue to review this policy to ensure it is achieving its aims.
1 - General
- A Allstaff share responsibility for achieving safe working conditions. You must take care of your own health and safety and that of others, observe applicable safety rules,government guidelines andfollow instructions for the safe use of equipment.
- B You should report any health and safety concerns immediately to Tracy Collison or a member of the HR team.
- C You must co-operate with managers on health and safety matters, including the investigation of any incident.
- D DO NOT attend at the office if you are displaying any Covid-19 symptoms as detailed on the NHS website.
- E If you present with any of the abovementioned symptoms while at the office, please immediately report to a member of the HR Team.
- F If an employee is found to have tested positive for COVID-19 while at the office or having been at the office in the previous two weeks from the date on which he/she tests positive, the office will be shut downuntil the Thursday immediately after such employee attends the office to allow for the routine Wednesday deep clean.
- G Failure to comply with this policy may be treated as misconduct and dealt with under our Disciplinary Procedure.
2 - Outside the office
- A You are to check your temperature as regularly as possible before attending at the office.
- B You are to conduct Covid-19 Return to the office trainingbefore you attend at the office as well as sign a disclaimer confirming that you are not presenting with any of the symptoms of COVID-19 and that you have not been in contact with anyone presenting with the symptoms of COVID-19.
- C Employees are to wear face masks during their journey toand fromwork.
3 - In the office
- A Sanitise your hands on entry into the office.
- B Adhere to the one-way system and signage provided.
- C Adhere to rules on maximum occupancy of meeting rooms and kitchenusage.
- D Adhere to rules relating to social distancing.
1 - We will ensure that you are given adequate training and supervision to perform your work competently and safely.
1 - You must be aware that any equipment that you come into contact with is considered a risk area. For this reason, please refrain from touching your face while using the equipment and please ensure that you sanitise your hands before and after you use each piece of equipment around the office.
2 - You must take your laptop and any other equipment home with you each evening and bring it back on your return tothe office.
3 - Please do not leave any of your belongings at the office overnight.
1 - It is important for the health and safety of all our staff that you comply with instructions issued by the government in relation to COVID-19.
1 - We have carried out various risk assessments in order to identify where the biggest risks to your health lie within the office and general work environment. These assessments have allowed us to identify measures that need to be taken to control those risks.
2 - Personal protective equipment (PPE) is provided where there are risks that cannot be adequately controlled by other means.
A current version of this document is available to all members of staff on the corporate intranet.