FINANCIAL GRANTS CONSULTANT
Full-time - London or Glasgow
We are looking to recruit an engineer or scientist! This is a client facing role and the right candidate will have the opportunity to work with key client stakeholders and our multi-disciplinary team of scientific/technical and financial consultants to help companies apply for grants.
Contract: Full time, permanent
Start date: Negotiable
Location: London or Glasgow
Leyton UK Ltd is a leading consultancy firm with a unique goal; to quickly improve the financial performance of its clients without impacting on their core business. Leyton represents a wide international market network around the world. Currently in the UK, our specific expertise is in the optimisation of Research and Development (R&D) Tax Relief and Credits, R&D grants, Patent Box and HR/support.
Function of the role:
We are looking to recruit an engineer or scientist who has acquired a degree in one of the fields of science listed below**. The candidate must have excellent previous experience in writing grant applications and dealing with UK grant providers; primarily innovate UK (formerly Technology Strategy Board) and BIS (Department for Business, Innovation & Skills).
This is a client facing role and the right candidate will have the opportunity to work with key client stakeholders and our multi-disciplinary team of scientific/technical and financial consultants to help companies apply for grants.
**Desirable fields of sciences include (but are not limited to) the following: Mechanical engineering, Biotechnology/Biochemistry/Bioinformatics, Chemical engineering, Material sciences, Environmental engineering, Applied Physics, Natural sciences.
Main Responsibilities will include:
- Continuously improve the methodologies, templates and processes to streamline the grant application process
- Regularly monitor any forthcoming grant opportunities and inform the different staff members
- Ensure the business model and pricing structure is optimised
- Be the first point of contact with clients
- Meeting with clients to scope and define R&D projects that could be eligible for the appropriate grant applications
- Interviewing and extracting the necessary information from clients to formulate the grant application
- Co-writing R&D grant applications to variety of grant providers, such as Innovate UK or BIS
- Working on R&D tax relief claims as required
Desired experience and skills:
- Substantial experience in writing UK R&D grants
- Curiosity and a keen interest in science, technology and innovation is must
- Excellent communication skills (both spoken and written)
- Outstanding numerical ability and proven track of working to tight deadlines
- Ability to work autonomously whilst being an enthusiastic team player
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to convey complex ideas in appropriately simple terms
- An understanding of business and marketing strategy
Standard hours are 9am - 6pm, however you do have the option to do 8.00am - 5.00pm, 8.30am - 5.30pm or 9.30am - 6.30pm (ﬂexibility is required). Travel within the UK may be required.
In addition, Leyton offers excellent benefits following a successful probationary period.