BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT EXECUTIVE
Full-time - London or Glasgow
Do you want to join a dynamic, friendly, fast-growing financial consultancy?
If you are hard-working, committed & determined, then this is the role for you!
Contract: Full time
Start date: Negotiable
Location: London, Manchester or Glasgow
Businesses need help to unleash the potential that is latent within them – too often they don’t have the objectivity to spot new opportunities that will help them evolve and grow.
Leyton helps them do just that. Founded in France in 1997 and now operating all over the world, we find opportunities in our clients’ processes and ways of working with them that others can’t see, then unlock them to create value efficiently.
In the UK, we have over 250 employees and offices in London, Manchester and Glasgow. We advise clients on all aspects of innovation funding, energy consultancy and capital advisory. We also provide employment legal services through our associated business LexLeyton.
Function of the role:
We service a wide variety of customers across all sectors of industry therefore the Business Development Executive role will involve visiting a variety of different businesses. The Business Developers main responsibility is to generate new business accounts through face to face sales, telephone lead generation and networking; while being supported by a telesales team. Target markets are the SME sector as well as large national accounts.
Main Responsibilities will include:
- Managing the full sales cycle including tenders/proposals
- Work closely with all Leyton departments and business units to ensure all necessary reports and documents are completed accurately and on time
- Directly reporting into the Managing Partner while working autonomously as well as providing guidance and assistance to fellow team members
- Field based role involving regular travel. You will be working nationally with an expected split of 1 to 2 days in the office and 3 to 4 days in the field
- Business Development Executives are expected to make a minimum of 100 cold calls per week and attend 18 meetings a month
- Meetings are generated through your own lead generation and also through a dedicated London & Glasgow based telesales team
- Key KPIs:
6 Self-generated meetings per month
Attend 18 meetings per month
Secure 4 new contracts per month
Generate £500,000 per annum
Desired experience and skills:
- Proven significant field sales experience
- Outstanding communication skills; have to ability to be confident, articulate and can demonstrate persuasive force
- Ability to work autonomously
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Willingness to travel UK wide
Standard hours 8.30am - 5.30pm (ﬂexibility is required)
In addition, Leyton offers excellent benefits following a successful probationary period.